Wednesday, February 29, 2012

PCS happens


It's happening {again}.

 Do you see the signs? {in the corner behind the chair}
 Just when it got comfortable...
 and I liked how things are starting to look...the look started changing { see that on the end table?}
 and before I knew it the signs weren't subtle anymore {they were messy and in my face}
It's time folks for {ANOTHER}  PCS'ing this family to Fort Stewart Georgia.  Now I have some things to confess.  #1, I got a new china hutch knowing full well we would be moving.  Dumb? Maybe, BUT I got the hutch and two captains chairs that are missing from our set that is a perfect match for less than $300.  I can move that, thank you very much.  #2, I am actually starting to look FORWARD to moving this time {not the moving, but the getting there part}. 

I started looking through some pics on fb the other day trying to find an image I wanted to share with a friend.  And there it was, right in my face, my vacation {my only time I have ever gone anywhere for any amount of time with my husband alone vacation} to Savannah Georgia in 2008.  Oh man, I am excited to take the kids to the River Walk and the historic district!  And She Crab soup!?  Kill me now, I cannot wait for that part!

Two thing first.

 One, we have to find a house.  Base is over loaded on their wait list, AND I hear the high school for on post housing kind of bites, so we are looking for living "on the economy", and in Richmond Hill.  Which with our budget, it might be a hard search.  We are going over the weekend of March 17 (St. Paddy's Day....and Savannah has the worlds 2nd largest St. Paddy's Day party in the world...might be interesting).  Hopefully we will find a house and it will be amazing from there on out.

Second is that we have decided to move ourselves.  A DITY, yes, I am crazy.  But we aren't sure of our move out date because of Chris' ARC training being super vague on dates etc.,  which would make it a scramble to try and schedule movers and a house.  The kids need to get moved so they can get into their new schools.  Me... I am just ready to declutter.  I am getting boxes from people who just moved here with a mover, so aside from the need to relable the boxes I am getting a start NOW.

Our projected guess for our move date is less than 4 weeks from now.  I gotta hustle, cuz if I have to do this alone, I need to eat this elephant in digestible bites.

And I want time to dream, and enjoy the idea of a little time having access to all of the wonderful things to find and do near Savannah, Georgia.  (I took this pic in Aug 2008)

0 comments: