Sunday, September 7, 2008

Job perks ROTC style

Saturday, Sept 6; Braden, Savannah, Colton and I joined Chris, the rest of the ROTC Cadre, ROTC MS4's and guest and we went white water rafting. I was lined up to baby sit a Captain's baby, so that they could participate. When the group assembled at the college, they told me that the baby was ill and they wouldn't need me to babysit. It also opened up a slot on a raft. I was pretty reluctant to go, but I relented and am really glad I did. We were on the Gallantin river between Big Sky and Bozeman, and it was so pretty!!! The Cadre (Chris included) complained that the river was milder than when they went last, but it was great for me as I didn't have to worry about the younger kids as much, and got a taste for it without being freaked out. We lost several rafters during the "Mad Mile" right after "House Rock" but my kids and I weren't among them and it was a BLAST!!! I took a lot of pictures on someone elses camera, so I am hoping that I can get copies soon.

The only down point, was when we stopped at lunch Savannah started feeling a little sick. She gets motion sick easily so we assumed it was from the fact that I made her sit in the middle of the raft where she was getting a lot of motion, not so much view. She was a trooper though and didn't get whiny or anything...

0 comments: