Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wow. It's done.

Commissioning weekend was a whirlwind of me wanting to be in 10 places at once, and needing to be in 5 other places at the same time.

Things went pretty wrong pretty quickly...

  • I didn't get my kitchen and dining room sparkly
  • I didn't mop.
  • My cupboards were manky
  • My dining room wall was covered in finger prints and splatters from spilt milk
  • my pots didn't have flowers in them
  • I failed to pull together outfits for the family to wear, including myself until the last min.
  • I still am a bazillion pounds over weight and couldn't bring myself to look forward to pics no matter who it would be with.
But I was shocked.

Things started to come together, I had to think quick, and guess what!?  I just couldn't bring myself to CARE about the crap stuff because there were so many people around me that I love and adore that came to support my husband and our family in what Chris is doing.  It was amazing.  It was overwhelming.  I wouldn't trade it for a sparkling house.  It was a good thing. No it was better than that...

It was AWESOME!


And I am married to the oldest  Cadet Lieutenant in Idaho.  Yay us!

0 comments: