Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Old Town San Diego

 





Family picture courtesy of the Mormon Battalion Visitor's Center in Old Town San Diego.



Ton's of fun, and another thing that has changed (surprise surprise) since we lived here (14 years ago).



Lots of interactive stuff, and Colton dressed up as an Army volunteer and I got a pic, although not a great one, with my cell phone. The kids got to pan for "gold", and see how bricks were made.



Really a good thing for anyone interested in LDS Church history or US History.

Braden and his new Oakley's that he loooves.

 Olivia up in the "bell tower" in the visitor's center.  I forgot how much I love that red Spanish tile.
 Savannah and her new nemisis ... humidity... her hair was wild (and cute)
The kids got to pose in a covered wagon out front. Don't pay much attention to Savannah and her weird face, it's a thing she is going through, she thinks she needs to make that face at the camera...every time.
Oliva makes faces too.  But her faces are more of a "I am a star and I know it" variety.

Ha ha!  I lied and got one of her smiling.  I cannot remember what dorky thing I had to do to get that out of her...


Colton in his new hat and shades.  He loves them.  His Dad took him shopping and picked them out.  Just the two of them.  A definite memory.
 So we got to Old Town as all the museums were open and there were tons of shops and restaurants open for the evening, but we ended up taking a nice stroll, and commenting a lot about how much things change.
 Poor Old Kawlijah ( ask Hank how ya spell it, that is how Chris says to spell it) ...Braden couldn't keep a straight face!
A moment when they didn't realize I was watching.

I HAD to take a picture of this.  I KNOW I have a pic of Braden as a little tiny boy standing on that scale.  One thing that is STILL there that I remember.  So for old times sake he humored his Mom (he does that a lot) and we got a pic...

 and the other kids wanted a pic too...
Except Savannah.  You would have to bind and gag her to get her picture taken while stepping on a scale!














0 comments: