Thursday, April 28, 2011

Winds of change...

So today after much upset-ness on my part, I climbed out of bed to face my morning  day, and got dressed and went to make breakfast lunch.  I decided against making lunch and found some money in my purse and we went to El Giro Giro's taco truck and bought as many dollar tacos as we had money (tax is included at the taco truck.  hmmmm).  We then grabbed our drinks and a bag of chips that I had in the pantry and went and copped a squat in the park on the trampoline.  It was bright and perfect.  We ate tacos and fed chips to the dog.  And Chris and Olivia and I watched the wind spin the clouds in circles.  They weren't going anywhere, just spinning them.  Their form would change, and they either dissipated in the wind or got fluffier, but they didn't really  move.  The wind was really doing a doozey on them... I relate.

After lunch I just laid out on the trampoline and Chris and I discussed what to do about the new development of the kids and I not being able to move with him to Ft. Benning.  It was so surreal to look around my yard, that I WANT to leave to be with my husband as a family, and yet look at my yard and WANT to plant things in it and make it a pretty spot.  Change is hard.  Not changing is hard.  LIFE is hard.  Have you noticed? 

What is really difficult for me is that a lot of the upcoming decisions Chris is leaving up to me.  After all they won't affect him because he won't BE HERE.  He just doesn't have an opinion.  It is really weird.

So after discussing Kuna vs. Menan for the bazillionth time, life continued.  Chris went to class and I went to get  Colton from school.  Savannah had a tennis match, and cheer try outs, and Young Women's which she ditched because her schedule was too tight.  Braden had a science expo, Young Men's and track.  Did I mention I love having some younger kids that want to go outside to play?  I do.  It's nice.  Then they remind me that they want to play football and be a cheerleader and let's do that OK and I die because they aren't big enough.  I die because it is expensive.  I die because their schedules are going to kill me.  And then Savannah signed me up to "teach" some of her friends how to make hair bows for cheer tryouts.  I was gone til midnight.

So to cap the night off, Chris and I always check email, phones, Face Book etc.  Just in case we miss something.  I don't know.  Probably a bad habit, but we do it anyway.

Chris got an email from the lady at Household goods...saying pick two days after May 31 2011, and not a holiday or a weekend, and we will schedule the move.

What the !"&$%?  Talk about a roller coaster.  Tomorrow I call her.  I mean it.  I have to know she is serious cuz this is killing me.  I think I mentioned that though.

Did I mention that I am sceptical?
Did I mention that it is 1 a.m.?
Did I mention I probably am going to need to start taking sleep meds because I am worried and stressed and absolutely dizzy from how fast things keep changing directions?  Like the clouds...just spinning but not going anywhere.

0 comments: